Fair Start Scotland
Fair Start Scotland is the Scottish Governments flagship employability programme which was launched in April 2018, as a service to support unemployed people in Scotland get back into sustainable employment. Fair Start Scotland is about finding the right jobs for the right people at the right time. This is achieved by adopting a more personalised approach to our service delivery as no two participants journey is the same. Participation is voluntary, and the support continues for up to 12 months after the participant has progressed into employment. A person’s benefits cannot be sanctioned if they decide the service is not right for them.
PeoplePlus deliver the Fair Start Scotland programme in both Glasgow, and the Highlands & Islands. In both locations we are able to deliver this service by working closely with our local delivery partners. We engage with our partners on a regular basis by way of facilitating partner forums, weekly telephone calls, attendance at local events & monthly service reviews.
What can the service offer?
- We offer a tailored development plan complete with monthly and quarterly reviews to ensure participants are always progressing towards their goals.
- The exact level of support needed will be identified by your Key Worker, and we will work with participants to break down the barriers that might be stopping them from working.
- We will provide you with training opportunities to further enhance your progression into employment.
- At People Plus we have built up employer relationships, we can pre-screen candidates to ensure that the right candidates are matched up to current advertised vacancies.
- The support will continue once participants have found employment via a method that suits best to make sure everything is going well, and provide participants with any help that they may need. It can be as simple as a phone call every couple of weeks, to completing workplace reviews.
How Does it Work
There are lots of people who want to work but find it difficult based on their circumstances.
Fair Start Scotland is delivered by PeoplePlus and trusted local delivery partners, who have a lot of experience helping people back into work in a variety of ways, including:
- helping to break down the barriers that might be stopping you from working;
- developing a range of support which recognises your skills, attributes and assets which will help you to progress towards employment;
- keeping in contact and offering personalised support to ensure the service is meeting your needs;
- keeping in touch with you when you find employment to make sure everything is going well and to answer any questions you might have
- giving you the chance to take part in engaging activities to build your confidence
Read Case Studies of who we’ve helped already
More information about the service can be found here
For all enquiries, call us on 0141 471 5056 or freephone 0800 681 6628 or email email@example.com
Follow us on Facebook
We are delivering this service on behalf of the Scottish Government.