Practical Training - Real JobsWest Midlands
In our innovative Employment Training Centres across the West Midlands region, we offer practical training in real work environments for you to gain the skills you need to get a job.
You can get hands-on training in the following areas to prepare you for jobs with companies that we have and are working with presently which includes; Jaguar Land Rover, Ocado, Amazon and more:
- Car manufacturing and assembly
- Online orders distribution
- Logistics and delivery
An impressive training space including a retail academy, catering kitchen, warehouse and distribution centre, has been purposely built in line with local job market trends and demands to provide you with further exciting training opportunities as they prepare for work.
We look forward to welcoming you into one of our Employment Training Centres
Work alongside experienced trainers to help you gain an insight into a number of different industries
Whether it’s a short boost to update knowledge and skills for a specific job, or a longer introduction to a whole new industry, we provide accredited training to help you move into work with confidence. Each of our Learning Centres is spacious and purpose-built – designed to let young people and unemployed adults work alongside experienced trainers.
You can sign up to personalised, flexible programmes to gain the knowledge and experience you need in order to progress into work. Training is tailored to your needs meaning that you can attend for just a few hours or be engaged for a full two years to build up a portfolio of certificates in order to impress prospective employers.
Who is eligible
- If you are aged 19 or over, unemployed and in receipt of Job Seeker’s Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance you could qualify for our adult training programme
- If you are aged 14 to 16, you could access training in our centres as part of the alternative education scheme
- 16 to 18 year olds not in education, employment of training can access a range of short structure programme to help with their personal development and employability. Longer, more focused options are available if you want to move into an apprenticeship or into further education.
- Some limited paid-for activities are available to businesses and individuals.
Our dedicated trainers have practical experience in their sector, ensuring that they are able to provide guidance about the qualities that are most valued by employers. Specifically, they offer an opportunity to build competence in the following sectors:
- Warehousing and Storage
- Contact Centre
- Hospitality and Catering
- Health and Social Care
- Functional Skills
- Customer Service
- Business Admin