Self-employment is outstripping growth in traditional employment at a rate of 3:1. By 2020, 1 in 5 people will be self-employed.*
Partners and Funders
Are you a Local Enterprise Partnership, College, Council, Housing Association or private sector business that needs to provide an enterprise service? If so, we have the capability and track record to design and tailor a solution for you.
With over 45,000 businesses created in the last 5 years with our support, we are a nationally recognised Business Support organisation accredited by SFEDI, the government-recognised, not-for-profit standards setting body for both Business Enterprise and Business Support. 85% of the Businesses we help reach 12 months of trading.
We can help
- If you have an existing enterprise service which has been affected by a lack of funding, we can work with your team and provide support
- If you have a current employment contract that does not fully involve or support the Self-employed we can help. 15% of the UK is Self-employed and demand is rising, at least 15% of funding in employment contracts can be allocated to support the Self-employed
- We can offer Business Start-up advice and Business Support to residents and students, reduce the risk for landlords and housing associations, improve employability and destination rates and offer services for redundancy
- We can provide a full enterprise service for organisations that need to offer business growth and support capabilities but lack the resources
- For organisations with a mandate to help specific community groups, we can provide a bespoke enterprise service. We specialise in helping people with health issues, Ex-Offenders, NEETS, loan parents, over 50’s and the long term unemployed
- Enterprise Plus leads the way in Self-employment policy and has been at the forefront of lobbying campaigns such as Universal Credit for the Self-employed and the Start-up sector in general. We are always keen to hear from partners in this field and happy to share our knowledge and information around policy and welfare.
- Self-employment is on the rise- 15% of the UK is Self-employed, that is forecast to rise to 1 in 6 by 2018 and 1 in 5 by 2020*
- Most employment contracts and providers do not include a Self-employment offer, but most could
- 22% of PeoplePlus’s outcomes on the Work Programme came from Self-employment, more than any other prime
- Peoples lifestyles are changing, Self-employment is flexible around health or childcare
- Types of jobs are shifting, more consultants, contractors and rise in the Gig Economy
*Source RSA & Citizens Advice
Get involved and contact us today to see how we can help your organisation call 0161 212 7429 or
email email@example.com Or contact our Enterprise Director Matt Dooley direct matthew.dooley@Peopleplus.co.uk