We have two Academies in the North East; Stockton and Newcastle, with Stockton being one of our largest Academies. We offer pre-employment training and Sector Based Work Academies (SBWAs) in conjunction with the DWP.
All of the SBWAs offer our learners the opportunity to undertake training relevant to vacancies being advertised with a guaranteed job interview on completion of the course. Work experience placements are also available.
Our courses are delivered in a friendly atmosphere and typically run from 9.30am – 4pm.
- Functional Skills English (Entry 1 – Level 2)
- Functional Skills Maths (Entry 1 – Level 2) Newcastle ONLY
- Personal and Social Skills (Entry 3 – Level 1)
- Introduction to Customer Service (Level 1)
- Extended Award in Employability (level 1)
- Security – Working as a Door Supervisor (level 2)
- Security – CCTV (level 2)
- Hospitality (Level 1)*
- Food Preparation (Level 1)*
- Food Hygiene (Level 1)*
- Warehouse and Storage (Level 1 – 2)*
- Forklift Truck Driving Counterbalance & Reach – Plant Operations (Level 2)*
- * Stockton Academy only
Bolt on courses and benefits are also to available to learners who successfully complete one of the above courses. These are fully funded by PeoplePlus and offer an additional incentive to facilitate someone’s journey into work. Learners can benefit from one of the following:
- Working in a construction environment (level 1)
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- CSCS Card
- Driving or Provisional Licence
- Refer a friend scheme £25 gift voucher
We also offer Distance Learning Qualifications within the following areas to allow learners to complete training within the comfort of their own home with regular contact from one of our tutors for the duration of the training;
- Equality and Diversity (level 2)
- Customer Service (level 2)
There is a café at the Stockton Academy so we can offer home cooked food for everyone on site at a subsidised rate.