Our Nottingham Academy offers pre-employment training and Sector Based Work Academies (SBWAs) in conjunction with the DWP. All of the SBWAs offer our learners the opportunity to undertake training relevant to vacancies being advertised with a guaranteed job interview on completion of the course. Work experience placements are also available.
Our courses are delivered in a friendly atmosphere with access to free tea, coffee and biscuits. We have four training rooms and a dedicated IT suite.
- ESOL (Entry 1- – Level 2)
- Functional Skills English (Entry 1 – Level 2)
- Functional skills Maths (Entry 1 – Level 2)
- Personal and Social Skills (Entry 3- Level 1)
- Introduction to Customer Service (Level 1)
- Extended Award in Employability (level 1)
- Security – Working as a Door Supervisor (L2)
Bolt on courses and benefits are also to available to learners who successfully complete one of the above courses. These are fully funded by PeoplePlus and offer an additional incentive to facilitate someone’s journey into work. Learners can benefit from one of the following:
- Working in a construction environment (level 1)
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- CSCS Card
- Driving or Provisional Licence
- Refer a friend scheme £25 gift voucher
We also offer Distance Learning Qualifications within the following areas to allow learners to complete training within the comfort of their own home with regular contact from one of our tutors for the duration of the training;
- Equality and Diversity (level 2)
- Customer Service (level 2)
Drop In Job Club
We also have a voluntary drop in Job Club every Thursday 10am – 2pm during which our Employer Relationship Manager will help and support learners in applying for jobs, writing a CV, and putting learners in touch with our bank of local employers.
We are currently working with; KFC, Subway, Costa Coffee, Rail Gourmet and Argos. Open days and information sessions take place regularly to find out more about these opportunities.