Our Sheffield Academy offers pre-employment training and Sector Based Work Academies (SBWAs) in conjunction with the DWP. All of the SBWAs offer our learners the opportunity to undertake training relevant to vacancies being advertised with a guaranteed job interview on completion of the course. Work experience placements are also available.
Our courses are delivered in a friendly atmosphere with access to free tea, coffee, biscuits and a morning breakfast. We have seven training rooms which are all fitted with computers and Wi-Fi. Every month we celebrate our ‘Learner of the Month’ where a learner is nominated by their trainer to receive a £50 voucher.
- Functional Skills English (Entry 1 – Level 2)
- Functional skills Maths (Entry 1 – Level 2)
- Breaking Barriers (Entry 3)
- ICT (Entry 3)
- Personal and Social Skills (Level 1)
- Introduction to Customer Service (Level 1)
- Extended Award in Employability (level 1)
- Extended Certificate in Employability (level 1)
- Security – Working as a Door Supervisor (L2)
- Equality and Diversity (Level 2)
We also offer Distance Learning Qualifications within the following areas to allow learners to complete training within the comfort of their own home with regular contact from one of our tutors for the duration of the training;
- Equality and Diversity (level 2)
- Customer Service (level 2)
- Mental Health Awareness (Level 2)
- Information, Advice & Guidance ( Level 2)
- Maths (Level 1)
- English (Level 1)
We work with a number of national and local employers including; Amazon, PLT , XPO , Fletchers , ASOS, Exemplar Healthcare, Webhelp, Knowhow , Taylor Shaw , Voice , Ant Marketing , Pennine Maintenance and Event Cover. We have worked with the national security company ‘Global Security’ and since the beginning of September 2018, 28 learners have been offered work. Due to a strong working relationship with Staffline, PeoplePlus has successfully helped over 60 people into various warehouse roles across Yorkshire in the last 6 months.