I would definitely recommend an apprenticeship to all my friends!
Traditionally associated with entry level work experience in dressmaking or carpentry over a century ago, apprenticeships have come a long way – they are now a viable alternative to University as carefully designed public programmes help young people gain skills in sectors such as digital, banking and health and social care.
The National Minimum Wage for apprentices is increasing from £2.73 to £3.40 per hour from October 1st 2015.
This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship for both time spent on the job plus time spent training. For all other apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate for their age applies.
Unlike academic courses at University or college, an Apprenticeship allows you to achieve nationally recognised qualifications at your place of work.
If you’re overwhelmed by the ever-increasing University fees and uncertain about what career is right for you, give an apprenticeship a go – you won’t regret it!
- You work alongside experienced staff, enhancing your learning and teamwork skills
- You gain job-specific skills to help you build a career
- Your earn a wage and get holiday pay
- You get the chance to study towards a real qualification from our wide range of courses
- A dedicated tutor-assessor who is there to help you each step of the way
- If you are aged between 16-18 and you are unemployed, we’ll help you find an apprenticeship to kick start your career in your chosen field
- If you’re 19 and over and are already in a role you love we can help you progress your career
- No matter your age, whether you're unemployed or just looking to progress in your job take a look at how an Apprenticeship could change your life
We offer exciting apprenticeships across a variety of sectors to help you kick-start a successful career or progress in your current role.
How a 17 year old turned her apprenticeship into a full time job
Elise came to PeoplePlus straight from school and knew an apprenticeship was for her because it offered the chance to learn new skills and get real work experience
Apprentice makes a difference aboard Whitstable local sailing business
As the team is looking forward to continued growth and expanding global distribution, Paul is keen to employ more apprentices in the future.