Direct Payment Support Services
PeoplePlus aims to do everything we can to enable people to live independently in their own homes and communities. We put people first.
PeoplePlus Independent Living Services achieve this goal by providing information and guidance to people with disabilities who receive a direct payment, either from social care or health departments, to manage their own care and support package.
A direct payment is where local authorities and/or health commissioners give assessed care funding as a cash payment to people in need of support, rather than directly provided social care services, direct payments give people a greater control over their lives and how their care is delivered by promoting independence, choice and inclusion.
We offer a range of person-centred services to support people to manage their direct payments. Our skilled team of advisers work with each individual to ensure the right support package is built and maintained.
Our services include:
- Information and guidance on direct payments
- Support planning service
- Brokerage service, enabling you to choose providers who meet your individual needs
- Support to recruit and employ your own personal assistant(s)
- Training for personal assistants
- Payroll service to enable you to meet legal obligations when paying personal assistants
- Managed account service for additional support in managing your assessed funding
- Ongoing support when you need it
We deliver services in the following areas:
- Redcar and Cleveland
- South Gloucestershire
- Tower Hamlets
- Brighton and Hove
- East Sussex
- North Port Talbot