Independent Living Services – News updates
May 2021: EU Settlement Scheme – If you are currently an EU national working as a carer/personal assistant, please click the links below for important steps to be taken by 30.06.2021
May 2021: NHS Lincolnshire CCG Direct Payment Support – we are pleased to announce that, from July 1st 2021, we will providing support to individuals who receive a personal health budget and have opted for a direct payment. Our Lincolnshire based team will be supporting with recruiting personal assistants, being a good employer, and answering any questions you may have. Payroll and managed account support will be provided by PeoplePlus and those who currently use Penderels Trust services will receive a welcome letter in June 2021.
Important Covid-19 news (May 2021) – please be reassured that we continue to operate all our services during any period of lockdown in England and Wales. Staff are working from home but continue to provide payroll and managed account support, as well as advice and guidance by e-mail, telephone and/or video call.
- Government guidance around restrictions can be found at this government website.
- Government guidance specifically for recipients of direct payments can be found at this government website.
- PeoplePlus online tool kit to help you plan for care and support when your PA is unable to attend work
- Click here to read a fact sheet about why you, your family and your personal assistant may have to wait to receive the Covid-19 vaccine
- Click here to read a fact sheet outlining your personal assistant’s right to refuse the Covid-19 vaccine, should they choose to do so
- Click here to watch a video guide about the Covid-19 vaccine by David Pearson, CBE (chair of the Social Care Sector Covid-19 Support Task Force)
- Click here to access a range of easy read guides about Covid-19 from Mencap, covering information about lockdown, getting the vaccine, social distancing and face coverings
What we do
PeoplePlus Independent Living Services (ILS) support 10,000 people across England and Wales with their direct payment and personal health budgets. Our aim is to enable people to live independently in their own homes and communities. It is essential this support continues for those who use agencies, are employers or personal assistants during this difficult time.
We have produced a number of information sheets to give you the most up to date information around how COVID19 might affect you and/or your personal assistants. There are also key worker letters to enable your personal assistant to get to work. These are all available at the link below this box.
There are also key worker letters to enable your personal assistant to get to work and critical information regarding Covid-19 testing for personal assistants. These are all available at the links below. You can also access frequently asked questions related to Covid-19 for direct payment employers and personal assistants at the Skills for Care website here.
Our new, upgraded telephone system is fully operational and our team are ready to take your call. You can also contact us via e-mail. Please click here to find the specific e-mail address for your area.
NEWCASTLE (contract commences May 1st 2020)
Our telephone number for all services is: 0330 123 2815
Follow us on on Facebook @PeoplePlusIndependentLivingServices
For general information about our PeoplePlus Independent Living Services please click here.
For access to training please visit the PeoplePlus skills page here.
For information about our #FeedTheNation contribution please see here.
For self-employment support visit our Enterprise division here.