Independent Living Services – COVID19 Update
For accessible information click here
For local information and how to request PPE click here
For an NHS training video around correct use of PPE click here
Important Covid-19 news (October 2020) – to ensure that you remain up to date with all the latest guidance around staying safe and well during the Covid-19 pandemic, we have put together some important links from trusted sources. These links will take you to pages which will provide the most recent guidelines around the Coronavirus response. Should you have any specific questions, please contact your local team who will be happy to help.
- Government guidance around restrictions can be found at this government website.
- Government guidance specifically for recipients of direct payments can be found at this government website.
- Information about flu jabs for personal assistants in England can be found here (Skills for Care website). A formal HMRC-Personal Assistant Letter of Entitlement can be found in the boxes below.
- Information about flu jabs for personal assistants in Wales can be found here (Public Health Wales website)
- Good employer advice and guidance has been provided by ACAS and can be accessed at this website.
PeoplePlus Independent Living Services (ILS) support 10,000 people across England and Wales with their direct payment and personal health budgets. Our aim is to enable people to live independently in their own homes and communities. It is essential this support continues for those who use agencies, are employers or personal assistants during this difficult time.
We have produced a number of information sheets to give you the most up to date information around how COVID19 might affect you and/or your personal assistants. There are also key worker letters to enable your personal assistant to get to work. These are all available at the link below this box.
There are also key worker letters to enable your personal assistant to get to work and critical information regarding Covid-19 testing for personal assistants. These are all available at the links below. You can also access frequently asked questions related to Covid-19 for direct payment employers and personal assistants at the Skills for Care website here.
Our new, upgraded telephone system is fully operational and our team are ready to take your call. You can also contact us via e-mail. Please click here to find the specific e-mail address for your area.
NEWCASTLE (contract commences May 1st 2020)
Our telephone number for all services is: 0330 123 2815
Follow us on on Facebook @PeoplePlusIndependentLivingServices
For general information about our PeoplePlus Independent Living Services please click here.
For access to training please visit the PeoplePlus skills page here.
For information about our #FeedTheNation contribution please see here.
For self-employment support visit our Enterprise division here.