Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills
The course aims to develop your knowledge, understanding and competence in a range of different areas in IT. This course is ideal for anyone who would like to develop their IT skills, particularly those who use IT in their current job role. You must already have basic IT skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), to be able to complete the course successfully. The qualification is suitable for learners aged 14 and above.
Please note: Competency elements will be assessed by viewing datafiles or screenshots of completed work. You will need access to a computer and the Microsoft Office suite to complete the course.
Unit 1: Using IT to increase productivity
- Section 1: Be able to plan and select which IT tools and systems are best suited to completion of an identified task
- Section 2: Be able to identify any restrictions or constraints that may affect how a task can be completed using IT tools and systems
- Section 3: Be able to use IT tools and systems to complete an identified task
- Section 4: Be able to review approach to using IT tools and systems
- Section 5: Be able to adapt their approach as a result of their experiences using IT tools and systems to complete a task.
Unit 2: IT software fundamentals
- Section 1: Select and use appropriate software applications to meet needs and solve problems
- Section 2: Enter, develop, combine and format different types of information to suit its meaning and purpose
- Section 3: Present information in ways that are fit for purpose and audience
- Section 4: Evaluate the selection and use of IT tools and facilities to present information.
Unit 3: IT security for users
- Section 1: Use appropriate methods to minimise security risks to IT systems and data.
Unit 4: Presentation software
- Section 1: Input and combine text and other information within presentation slides
- Section 2: Use presentation software tools to structure, edit and format slide sequences
- Section 3: Prepare slideshow for presentation.
Unit 5: Spreadsheet software
- Section 1: Use a spreadsheet to enter, edit and organise numerical and other data
- Section 2: Select and use appropriate formulas and data analysis tools to meet requirements
- Section 3: Select and use tools and techniques to present and format spreadsheet information.