Fair Start Scotland
Fair Start Scotland is the Scottish Government’s flagship employability programme launched in April 2018 to support unemployed people into work. We help people find the right job for them and as the programme is voluntary an individual’s benefits are unaffected.
We run the programme in Glasgow and the Highlands & Islands with support available for up to 12 months.
What can the service offer?
- A tailored development plan with reviews in place to ensure progression.
- Work with a Key Worker to identify barriers that might stop participants entering work.
- Training opportunities to build or enhance skills needed for employment.
- Pre-screening for candidates to make sure they are a culture fit in their new role.
- In-work support, meaning individuals will still receive guidance once they have started a job.
How Does it Work
There are lots of people who want to work but find it difficult based on their circumstances.
Fair Start Scotland is delivered by PeoplePlus and trusted local delivery partners, who have a lot of experience helping people back into work in a variety of ways, including:
- helping to break down the barriers that might be stopping you from working;
- developing a range of support which recognises your skills, attributes and assets which will help you to progress towards employment
- keeping in contact and offering personalised support to ensure the service is meeting your needs;
- keeping in touch with you when you find employment to make sure everything is going well and to answer any questions you might have
- giving you the chance to take part in engaging activities to build your confidence