Fair Start Scotland
Fair Start Scotland is here to support you to find the job that is right for you. It is a voluntary programme that we deliver in Glasgow and the Highlands & Islands which offers you tailored support for up to 12 months.
Covid-19 continues to impact us all both in work and at home, and in light of the new Scottish guidance we thought we would take this opportunity to tell you about the changes we’ve made to ensure you can still receive the best out of Fair Start Scotland.
It’s very likely this could become our ‘new normal’ for quite some time so we’ve adapted the way we work and have continued to deliver a first class service throughout this ongoing situation. Some adjustments we’ve made are:
- Conducting all appointments with your Key Worker via telephone or online video call (your choice!)
- Carrying out online training sessions via Microsoft Teams
- Employer Services team continuing to engage with employers remotely to bring in vacancies for you to apply for
- Key Worker’s available for job searching and providing support with your CV
Even though covid-19 has forced us to alter how we do things, we haven’t come to a complete standstill and we are at a point where we are able to give you as in depth a service as we were pre-lockdown.
So even though we can’t meet face to face right now, you will still be getting as much support as before. We will be the first to let you know when we are allowed to carry out face-to-face appointments but in the meantime we are all still working to assist you in finding employment.
What can the service offer?
- A tailored individual development plan to get you to where you want to be.
- Flexible remote engagement utilising social media & over the phone during COVID-19 restrictions.
- Access to Learning Plus, our accredited training portal to upskill you for jobs in available sectors.
- Download Skillzminer our job matching app with the help of your Key Worker to support your progression into work.
- We skill match you to the right employer & the right job through our pre-screening process.
In-work support, meaning that you still get help after you’ve started a job
How Does it Work
There are lots of people who want to work but find it difficult based on their circumstances.
Fair Start Scotland is delivered by PeoplePlus and trusted local delivery partners, who have a lot of experience helping people back into work in a variety of ways, including:
- helping to break down the barriers that might be stopping you from working;
- developing a range of support which recognises your skills, attributes and assets which will help you to progress towards employment
- keeping in contact and offering personalised support to ensure the service is meeting your needs;
- keeping in touch with you when you find employment to make sure everything is going well and to answer any questions you might have
- giving you the chance to take part in engaging activities to build your confidence