Fair Start Scotland
Fair Start Scotland is here to help you find the right job for you. A voluntary programme that we cover in Glasgow and the Highlands & Islands to offer you support for up to 12 months.
What can the service offer?
- A tailored development plan to get you where you want to be.
- Work with a Key Worker to remove barriers that stop you working.
- Training opportunities for skills needed to secure work.
- We match you to the right employer for you through pre-screening.
- In-work support, meaning you still get help once you’ve started a job.
How Does it Work
There are lots of people who want to work but find it difficult based on their circumstances.
Fair Start Scotland is delivered by PeoplePlus and trusted local delivery partners, who have a lot of experience helping people back into work in a variety of ways, including:
- helping to break down the barriers that might be stopping you from working;
- developing a range of support which recognises your skills, attributes and assets which will help you to progress towards employment
- keeping in contact and offering personalised support to ensure the service is meeting your needs;
- keeping in touch with you when you find employment to make sure everything is going well and to answer any questions you might have
- giving you the chance to take part in engaging activities to build your confidence