Pathway to Apprenticeship
A Pathway to Apprenticeship gives young people aged between 16-18 years old, living in Scotland, who have just left school, the opportunity to prepare for the world of work by gaining an industry-recognised qualification, accelerating their progression into future employment or further apprenticeship opportunities. Participants will develop knowledge, technical skills and meta skills that prepare and enable them to access Modern Apprenticeship (MA) opportunities or progress to other positive destinations in line with their career aspirations.
On completion of the programme participants will gain an industry recognised qualification with PeoplePlus in Business Skills (including Digital) SCQF level 6.
The units that make up this qualification cover:
- Contemporary Business Issues SCQF level 6
- Understanding Business SCQF level 6
- Management of People and Finance SCQF level 6
- PC Passport: Working with IT Software —Spreadsheet and Database SCQF level 6
- PC Passport: Working with IT Software —Word Processing and Presenting Information SCQF level 6
Participants will also have the opportunity to work towards achieving 4 x Business Admin SQA units whilst on their work placement, which will be selected while on programme.
How Does it Work
Participants will do a 25 hour week Monday – Friday over a 26 week period.
Further benefits for the participants include:
- £100 weekly allowance
- A dedicated coach to support them throughout the programme
- Develop skills which will help them to continue down their chosen career path
- A training plan tailored to the individual’s specific needs
- Elements of the programme will be able to be completed online
As well as gaining an industry recognised qualification, participants will be involved in projects relating to real work activity, gaining real work experience in a business environment. This will include tasks such as:
- Plan how to manage and improve own performance in a business environment
- Communicate in a business environment
- Support other people to work in a business environment
- Design and produce documents in a business environment
Places are limited so for more information, to refer someone or to sign up please contact us.
Tel: 07595 780 659
We are delivering this service on behalf of the Scottish Government.