What is Fair Start Scotland?
PeoplePlus Scotland have been delivering the Fair Start Scotland programme across Glasgow and the Highlands and Islands in Scotland for over 3 years. Fair Start Scotland is a well-established employment programme with the aim of supporting participants on their journey back to employment.
The Fair Start Scotland team comprises Key Workers, Trainers, In-Work Support / First Responders and the Employer Relationship team.
We are funded by the Scottish Government and so there is no charge for our service for participants or the employers we work with.
How does the service support participants with their journey to employment?
Fair Start Scotland participants are supported by PeoplePlus for up to 12 months to find employment as well as a further 12 months once they are in post. Each participant has their own dedicated Key Worker, who actively supports them in their job seeking.
You can find out more here.
How does the service help employers?
We will match participants to your roles, supporting you, the employer, and the participant, to align, facilitating the whole recruitment journey, at no cost to you, for as long as the participant is on the Fair Start Scotland service.
Via your dedicated Employer Relationship Manager, you will receive high quality applications that provide insights into the suitability of our participants for your vacancies.
- Ensure we understand your business aims in respect to your vacancies.
- Support each participant to engage with you in a timely, open, and constructive way.
- Support those who need it with cost of travel for interview and early stages of employment.
- Follow up with participant post-interview/assessment.
- Provide in-work support for both participant and employer during the first 12 months of employment.
That’s great – What do I need to do?
- Maintain a channel of communication with your contact in our Employer Relationship Manager.
- Consider candidates with suitable applications for the opportunity for interview.
- Discuss and feedback if candidates have been successful or unsuccessful on how they can improve their interview skills for next time.
- Complete a simple form to confirm if participants still in work at 13/26 and 52 week stage.
or complete the form below and we’ll be in touch.