Ignite your future today!
If you are aged 19 – 24 and want to gain real work experience, employability skills, and a qualification – our Ignite traineeship programme offers it all!
What happens in an Ignite Traineeship?
The Ignite programme lasts approximately 12 weeks. Your time will be split between working in an employers place of work and studying either online or in one of PeoplePlus’ many adult learning centres.
It offers the perfect mix of working in a real employers place of work combined with developing yourself and learning a new skill and qualification.
Use our interactive map below to find out about what happens on an Ignite traineeship. Simply hover (or tap on, if you’re using a mobile device) over each road marker for a description of each stage!
What sectors does Ignite include?
- Business admin
- Customer service and customer contact centre
- Digital skills
- Health and fitness
- Manufacturing – LEAN
- Warehouse and logistics
Who can do the Ignite Traineeship?
If you are 19-24 years old, currently unemployed and live in the West Midlands, Yorkshire and Humber, the North East of England or the East Midlands you can join us on Ignite.
Watch our video and find out what’s included in Ignite
Why Choose Ignite?
- Get a taster of the industry you want to work in – this will really help you decide if an industry is right for you
- Show employers what you have got to offer – it’s your chance to shine and stand out from the competition
- Be in the perfect position after training to progress onto an apprenticeship or into employment – we will guarantee you an interview!
- Boost your confidence, skills and opportunities
- Gain at least one accredited industry recognised qualification
- The employer will give you a reference to use on your CV
- If you are claiming Universal Credit – you can still continue to do so on a Traineeship
- PeoplePlus will pay for any equipment you need to do the job (PPE)
- Your travel costs will be covered
- PeoplePlus will provide you with a device such as a laptop or tablet to complete your studies on, which you can keep at the end of the traineeship
- The skills you learn, both in education and on placement will be transferable, meaning you can use them throughout life – personally and professionally
Support throughout the traineeship
As well as all the great benefits of doing a traineeship, you will also receive genuine, wraparound dedicated support from not only our network of tutors, but also from your study group and employer, which will prove invaluable to your development and progression.
We work with hundreds of employers across multiple industries to secure guaranteed interviews on completion of your traineeship. We have an extensive network of employers including some of the most exciting businesses in Britain, who are seeking people just like you to join their dynamic workforce!
Take a leap into the world of work and embrace a new challenge through our traineeship programme – you won’t regret it!
‘I’ve been on a mechanics placement – I really liked it. It was what I wanted to do. We get more than enough support from our tutors personally, and the team at my workplace during the placement’ Traineeship Participant
I’m interested – what happens next?
If you want to gain more confidence, new industry skills and exciting future opportunities, fill out the form below and a member of traineeship team will be in touch.
The traineeship programmes will be starting in early March, so at the moment, we are asking people to fill out expressions of interest forms below. We expect demand to be high – so we are encouraging people to register their interest as soon as possible to avoid missing out, as places are limited.