As the largest independent provider of education in prisons, we provide over two million hours of learning and vocational training each year. We are currently working with 9,100 offenders in ten prisons, delivering high quality courses that range from basic literacy to the arts.
PeoplePlus are the Prison Education Framework provider in numerous prisons throughout the UK offering prisoners a range of training opportunities.
We also offer over 600 different qualifications ranging from a BTEC in Construction and the Built Environment to GSCE Mathematics and a Diploma in Painting and Decorating.
For those seeking support after leaving custody, we can help them get free and independent advice on debt issues. We also help them find work and we are working with employers throughout the UK to improve the recruitment practices and the job prospects of offenders, as part of the Employers’ Forum for Reducing Re-offending.
What does Prison Education look like?
We ensure that:
- Desistance (reducing re-offending) is embedded into all aspects of delivery
- There is a fit-for-purpose curriculum to meet employer needs
- Leading-edge technology is deployed to support blended learning approaches
- There is a positive, productive resettlement for learners, explicitly building social capital
- Continuous service improvements take place. The key to this is listening to and acting upon the prisoner/ex-prisoner voice
- We have the best educational resources and inspirational tutors to have the most impact
- A partnership approach that adds value, we work with specialists like Elite Project Services, Synergy, KTL, Strive Training, Skill Cert, Franklins Training Services, Romulus and Crito Project
Where We Work
We work with a variety of prisons including:
- The Mount
- Warren Hill
- North Sea Camp
- Morton Hall
- Drake Hall(W)
- Foston Hall(W)