Health & Wellbeing
Meet Lee, one of our Wellbeing Advisors at PeoplePlus.
Lee has varied experience through the years starting off in his early years as a carpenter and joiner on luxury yachts. He then moved on to a role in adult social care and was a case worker for individuals experiencing severe and enduring mental health. Following this he went on to be a community mental health project manager, working with clients and business to support return to employment.
He also has experience in the public health field as a locality lead for mental health, suicide prevention and workforce development. He was the dental health commissioner, lead trainer and training team manager, workplace wellbeing programme lead and making Every Contact Count (MECC) lead.
He has now been a trainer for more than 20 years as well as an RSPH external exam verifier, an expert reference group for health qualifications member and a qualification writer. He is also a Mental Health First Aider instructor and has been the Mental Health First Aider England national trainer for 10 years.
Lee is particularly skilled in the areas of:
- Mental health, suicide prevention, emotional wellbeing
- Health behaviour change. He has previously trained health trainers, substance misuse workers, nurses, pharmacists, workplace wellbeing leads
- Line manager training – across NHS and local authority and most recently working with Southampton Airport to train the line managers, specifically around a major HR policy change
- Workplace wellbeing – He is the lead for a local authority programme supporting business to improve employee wellbeing (policy/training)
- Communication skills, managing groups, dealing with difficult behaviour (adults)