Health & Wellbeing
Meet Mike, one of our Wellbeing Advisors at PeoplePlus.
Mike is a Physiotherapist with over 11 years of clinical experience. He has a proven track record of adaptability, working across a variety of sectors including the NHS, Private practice, higher education and professional sport.
Mike has a wealth of clinical experience and continues to practice as the Head of Physiotherapy at Nottingham Trent University, working with their Elite Student athletes’ cohort. In addition to his clinical role, he works as a mental health trainer to sports club committees at the University, delivering workshops to assist students in managing mental health crises within their clubs. He is a member of the University resilience working group, working closely with academics in implementing wellbeing initiatives within the school of science and technology.
His most recent project has involved compiling information of various wellbeing initiatives across both staff and student wellbeing services, with a view to facilitating more sustainable and collaborative services.
Mike possesses a real passion for positively impacting the lives his patients, students, colleagues and clients through education, support and guidance. His proven multi-sectoral track record of applying simple, evidence informed solutions to complex problems, alongside his breadth of clinical experience has given Mike an informed and holistic approach to general wellbeing in the workplace.
Mike is particularly skilled in the areas of:
- Practical solutions to transitioning from office to home based working
- Holistic and multifactorial approaches to employee wellbeing, including mental health, physical activity, financial and ergonomic challenges, and ‘good work’
- Mental health training for employees and line managers
- Physical activity consultancy, with a focus on reduction of time loss from musculoskeletal conditions
- Healthy workforce strategy planning
- Social prescribing service