- March 8, 2019
- Posted by: Jenna Jack
- Categories: Direct Payments, People Plus
5th March saw the launch of ‘Solihull First’ the Solihull Community and Wellbeing Partnership, incorporating a range of community and voluntary sector organisations working in partnership to ensure people living in Solihull get the right support at the right time.
PeoplePlus is one of the ten providers, who will be delivering services for residents from 1 April as we begin to build relationships with Council officers, health partners, Council members and the community.
At the event, all providers were able to explain to stakeholders what part of the new partnership arrangements they would be delivering, as well as allowing them to meet each other and look for opportunities to work in partnership or collaboratively.
PeoplePlus will be providing the Direct Payment Payroll and Managed Accounts. This service offers support to people who choose to receive cash amounts for their care from their local authority with payroll and managed account services. This means we process timesheets on behalf of their personal assistants, provide payslips and ensure they meet their employer responsibilities. Because of this essential service, people can focus on living independently in their community
Other partner members of Solihull First and the services they are delivering include;
- Community Advice Hub – (including debt and benefits advice) Age UK Solihull
2. Sensory Services – B.I.D. Services
3. Specialist Employment Service – Ideal for All
4. Older Peoples’ Specialist Provision – Age UK Solihull
5. Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Sector (VCSE) Infrastructure
support – Warwickshire Community and Voluntary Action
6. Carers (of all ages) – Carers Trust Solihull
7. Advocacy Service – Solihull Action Through Advocacy
8. Community Specialist Dementia Services – Alzheimer’s Society
9. Integrated Lifestyle Service – Gateway Family Services
Find out more about Direct Payments