Our Nottingham centre offers pre-employment training and Sector Based Work Academies (SBWAs) in conjunction with the DWP. All of the SBWAs offer our learners the opportunity to undertake training relevant to vacancies being advertised with a guaranteed job interview on completion of the course. Work experience placements are also available.
Our courses are comfortable and welcoming whether in a classroom environment or through distance learning which allows you to complete the training within the comfort of your own home, with regular contact from one of our tutors.
Our Skills centres have been designed specifically with learners in mind, aiming to create safe and positive learning environments. Should you choose a course that is in a classroom environment this will be delivered in our centre which is open Monday to Friday 9.30 – 16.00, with access to free tea and coffee.
- Functional Skills English (Entry 1 to Level 2)
- Functional Skills Maths (Entry 1 to Level 2)
- Personal and Social Skills (Entry 1 to Level 1)
- Introduction to Customer Service (Level 1)
- Employability Skills
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Customer Service (Level 2)
- Equality and Diversity (Level 2)
- Extended Certificate in Understanding Stewarding and Spectator Events (Level 2)
Bolt on courses and benefits are also to available to learners who successfully complete one of the above courses. These are fully funded by PeoplePlus and offer an additional incentive to facilitate someone’s journey into work. Learners can benefit from one of the following:
- CSCS Card
- SIA Licence
- Photographic ID (Provisional Licence / Passport)
- £25 Refer a Friend Scheme
A collection of courses that will qualify you to get the job you want. They include:
- Security – Working as a Door Supervisor
- Health and Wellbeing
- Team Leading
- Business Administration and IT
Drop In Job Club
We also have a voluntary drop in Job Club every Thursday 10am – 2pm during which our Employer Relationship Manager will help and support learners in applying for jobs, writing a CV, and putting learners in touch with our bank of local employers.
We are currently working with; KFC, Subway, Costa Coffee, Rail Gourmet and Argos. Open days and information sessions take place regularly to find out more about these opportunities.