Tailored support to help you find work in Scotland
We’re here to help you get back to work in the Glasgow, Highlands and the Islands areas of Scotland.
Through the Fair Start Scotland service, we’ll provide you with 12 months of support to find work. It’s totally voluntary, free and taking part won’t affect any of your benefits.
Our tailored support will help to tackle any barriers to employment you may be facing. We have a successful track record of supporting people who have been out of work for significant periods of time, have disabilities or health conditions, are single parents, have caring responsibilities or have convictions.
We deliver this programme on behalf of the Scottish Government and work with local employers to help find fantastic opportunities in a range of different sectors.
We can also help you go self-employed or set up a new business if that’s what you want.
Let us help you to have the career you dreamed of.
And our work doesn’t stop when you find work. We’ll continue to support you for a further 12 months to ensure you’re happy in work.
How we'll help you on Fair Start Scotland
- A dedicated Engagement Key Worker will support you the whole way through. Together, you will create a tailored development plan that’s personal to you and your situation so we can help to get you to where you want to be.
- We will talk to you about your skills and circumstances, so we match you to the right employer and the right job.
- You’ll get help to learn new skills and gain new accredited qualifications.
- You’ll get access to online training courses covering a range of sectors.
- We’ll give you the chance to take part in engaging activities to build your confidence.
- We can help to create a CV or build on an existing CV to impress potential employers.
- We will prepare you for interviews, including with the cost of interview clothes.
- Our dedicated business advisors can also help you go self-employed, with support around business planning, market research, cashflow forecasting, sales, marketing and accounting.
To be eligible for our Fair Start Scotland service, you need to:
- Live in Glasgow, the Highlands or the Islands (the city of Glasgow, Argyll and Bute, Eilean Siar, Highland, Moray, Orkney and Shetland).
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Be aged 18 or over and out of work
You may also be able to use the service if you are aged 16 or 17 and either:
- Have a disability; or
- Receive Employment Support Allowance or Universal Credit
To find out more, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 0141 471 5056 or speak to your Jobcentre Plus Work Coach.
Find out about our other programmes in Scotland