The Restart Scheme - helping you into employment
PeoplePlus delivers the Department for Work and Pension’s Restart Scheme on behalf of Reed in Partnership, in the North East, to help long-term unemployed people to start working.
We provide a range of employment support including; skills training, job and interview preparation, financial advice and health and wellbeing support.
The service forms part of the government’s Plan for Jobs, which is helping millions of people across the country – many of whom have had their employment status impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. The Restart Scheme aims to break down barriers which could be holding you back from finding work.
How Does the Restart Scheme Work?
We recognise that everyone’s journey back into work is different and the Restart Scheme is tailored to meet your individual needs. This means if you are work-ready we can help you find employment quickly, or if you are further away from the jobs market, we can help you with additional support before finding work.
Everyone joining the Restart Scheme will work with one of our Job Coaches to support you to:
- Build valuable skills for work, including job-specific training.
- Access online job search engines with thousands of UK vacancies.
- Retrain or upskill to match labour demand and growth sectors.
- Address personal and social barriers to work.
- Gather valuable employment skills, such as interview practice.
- Be matched with suitable work opportunities
Sounds great – how do I sign up?
Speak to your Work Coach at your local Job Centre and they will refer you to start the Restart Scheme with us.