At PeoplePlus, we lead the way in creating Social Value – the profound impact a business can make in society beyond profits and balance sheets.
What is social value?
Put simply, Social Value means contributing positively to the well-being of communities, employees, and the environment. While concepts like Environment and Governance are well-understood, Social often seems like the missing piece of the puzzle. This concept is becoming increasingly important as people and businesses recognise the need to address societal challenges such as poverty and inequality.
That's where we come in. We're here to guide you through the exciting journey of creating Social Value, helping your business not only thrive but also become a force for positive change.
With over 30 years of experience, we've been helping those who face tough challenges in life, like young people who are not in school or work, caregivers, prison-leavers and those with long-term health issues or disabilities. These individuals are at the heart of what we do. We're passionate about socially responsible recruitment, which means not only meeting the needs of employers but also making a positive impact on society and the economy. We want to make sure that everyone of working age, including those facing difficulties, can find and keep a job. This isn't just about changing individual lives; it's about creating a stronger economy and a fairer society for everyone. We understand the deep and often complex challenges people from disadvantaged backgrounds can face when trying to get and keep a job. We know that there can be many obstacles, and overcoming them often requires specialised help tailored to each person's unique situation. That's why at PeoplePlus, we treat everyone as an individual, providing support that's just right for them, one person at a time.
How we can help businesses realise their potential social value?
We realise that not every business is the same, so our solutions are flexible. However here are some options that businesses are already benefitting from:
- Socially Responsible Recruitment - we connect employers with likeminded training providers to recruit disadvantaged job seekers who have been specifically trained for employer vacancies
- Funding and social value workshop - a deep dive analysis to explore how Government funding can support your social value goals
- Reduce reoffending - we deliver education in 22 prisons, tackling the root causes of re-offending - we can work with employers to offer job opportunities to ex-offenders on release
- Deliver real community impact - invest in tangible legacies with grassroots organisations that are important to your business and customers
- Improve bid wins - social impact can sometimes carry a 40% in bidding and tendering - we can offer support with both solutions and the writing process.
- Join our Social Recruitment Advocacy Group - a collective of businesses who are addressing societal challenges and needs – with a business minded approach.
We are already working with hundreds of employers - you could be next. Drop our team an email and we'll be in touch to take you on the next step of your social value journey