PeoplePlus is looking to work with employers who would like to take trainees into their business on a work placement basis for a minimum of 2 weeks. There is no cost to an employer as everything is funded by the Government who are also offering a £1,000 per trainee incentive. We are looking to work with employers in the West Midlands, Yorkshire & Humber, North East and East Midlands to offer traineeships.
What is a traineeship and who are they for?
Traineeships are for young people aged 16-24 to give them the opportunity to gain the skills they need to start a new career.
Now more than ever, there’s a high proportion of people, who have been negatively impacted by C19, or who have simply never chosen the right direction career wise, who are motivated to get into professional employment, but they lack the qualifications, experience or know-how. Traineeships tackle this problem, whilst enabling you to take on enthusiastic individuals whose skills can be moulded to suit the needs of your business.
In the recently published policy paper, A Plan for Jobs 2020, the Government provided an additional £111 million this year for traineeships in England, to fund high-quality work placements and training for 16-24 year olds. For the first time ever, the government will fund employers who provide trainees with work experience, at a rate of £1,000 per trainee.
Typically lasting between 6 weeks and 12 months, traineeships focus on developing vital employability skills, alongside additional English, maths and digital skills, combined with a work placement lasting a minimum of 70 hours. Employers and training providers like PeoplePlus, work together to develop a traineeship that is right for the business and the young person – offering a perfect blend of real life work experience and tailored skills support.
Why should an employer consider a traineeship?
Traineeships are a great way for businesses to inject young talent into their work force on a work-placement basis, and shape a talented potential long term employee or apprentice. For every trainee a business takes on, the government will give a £1,000 per person incentive for up to 10 trainees. Here are some more benefits for businesses:
- You will be supporting the national recovery to reduce the potential impact of the pandemic on youth employment.
- You can access a £1,000 government grant per Trainee up to a maximum of 10
- The freedom to design a programme that suits both the needs of your business and the needs of the trainee
- An increase in capacity and productivity
- Take on someone who can bring a fresh approach and new ideas to the workplace.
- Help existing staff develop their mentoring and management skills by supporting Trainees.
- These programmes are a great way to develop your talent pipelines and unlock the potential of the next generation entering the workforce. Experience shows that trainees who progress onto employment within a company remain hard-working and loyal. As time goes on, you’ll have the opportunity to build up a workforce that is closely aligned with your company values
- Use the Traineeships programme to develop a recruitment pipeline, saving on advertisement and agency fees.
- Support progression opportunities onto an Apprenticeship programme
- The opportunity to work with and help to develop young people without the financial commitment of taking on an apprentice
As the leading provider of skills support in the UK, PeoplePlus can work with employers to develop bespoke traineeships that are contextualised to each employer, ensuring that the training element of the traineeship is fit for purpose. For example an initial pre-employment training course (before work placement starts) can be contextualised to your business, so the trainee would have an excellent under-pinning knowledge of the company before starting their placement.
“This is a fantastic programme, it gives young people a step in the right direction to see what real work is like, our trainee is doing fantastically; always here when he should be and works his socks off!” Shoezone Manager Jodie Williams
To find out more
Speak to one of our engagement team by emailing email@example.com or fill out the form below: